Trent and I have been able to experience a lot of different things here in Ohio. One thing that I really love about being here is that we are so close to church history. The other Sunday we were able to visit the John Johnson farm in Hiram. It is about 20 min away from where we live. the Johnson farm is historic for a few reasons. It served as church headquarters for about six months where some of the translating of the bible took place. Joseph Smith and Sidney Rigdon received the revelation from Doctrine and Covenants section 76. This was the vision about the three degrees of glory. This was also the home where they were both drug from the home and tarred and feathered and where Joseph and Emmas son, Joseph died from exposure to the cold air. His body is buried somewhere on the farm but no one knows where. It was amazing to stand in the room where the revelations took place. To know that such significance took place in that room was an amazing feeling. I really loved being there and being able to learn a little more about the history of the church. So here are a few pictures of our trip to the farm =)
Are you a photographer
ReplyDeleteYou must be
I cant believe you be taken such of good pics