Tuesday, February 8, 2011
A little bit of Kelsey
Well Kelsey had to stay an extra night because she had jaundice. It was sad. I didn't like leaving her under the lights but I am glad that she got healthy =) The hospital let me stay in my room which was so nice! They just woke me up every three hours during the night so I could go feed her and she did so well. She was so sweet every time I went in to feed her. We were happy to go home as a family when they said she was good to go. We brought her home and just snuggled her and relaxed. We were all pretty tired but were happy to have some family visit us. The first few nights were pretty rough. My milk had come in and man, Kelsey did not like nursing with that much milk! We had a really hard time nursing. She didn't want to latch on. So I went back to the hospital to see the lactation specialist. It did help a little and I was glad I was able to go in. I did have to have a little help using a guard to help her get the hang of things. We are just recently getting over that. I am so relieved and happy! Those first few days were not fun. She just cried and cried and then I just cried and cried! Not happy tears either. It was pretty hard. I am glad that those nights are in the past. After that, she nursed much better and started sleeping much better too! She started sleeping for like 4-5 hours straight at night. Now she will sleep for like 6-7 hours straight. It is so nice! She does stay up pretty late though. The average time is 1am. But there have been a few nights its been 2 or 3. Those weren't so fun. But recently it has been going to bed at 1 and then waking up at like7 to eat again. So it's going pretty good! She needs to go to bed earlier though. They are late nights! She sleeps a lot in the mornings so I think that is why she stays up late. But sometimes it is nice because I will just sleep in the mornings with her til like ten. I can get pretty lazy sometimes but hey, I have an excuse! She is wide awake in the evenings so if you wanna see her at her best, that would be a good time. She really likes to be close to me when she takes her naps. I will try and set her down and two minutes later, she is awake! So sometimes it is hard to get things done. She wont fall back asleep either. She just likes to cuddle. Which I LOVE! Just sometimes it would be nice to be able to eat! lol. She sleeps fine at my parents. I don't know what it is! oh well. I am sure it will get better with time. I love to hug and cuddle with my little baby girl =)




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love this post and I love Kelsey!
ReplyDeleteshe is so cute and so adorable. You guys make some beautiful babies
ReplyDelete