Well I ended up being induced because I was pretty much 40 weeks and my Dr. said it was ok! Oh how I love her! So December 30th was the day! I woke up early, not that I slept a whole lot that night anyway, and got to the hospital at 7am. They gave me pitocin at 7:45 to start the contractions and then my Dr. came in to look at me around 8am and said I was dilated to a five! My Dr. appt before that I was dilated to a 4 I think so I kinda knew the labor would probably go fast. At 8:15 they broke my water and then the waiting began......and contractions. They got pretty strong pretty fast and hard and I asked for an epidural pretty quickly. I didn't want that pain! lol. I wasn't sure what they gave me, but they gave me some other pain reliever while I was waiting for the epidural. All it really made me was tired! The pain was very much there and I was just all zonked out! It wasn't too much fun. I was like half awake but couldn't really talk or open my eyes or anything. Trent was just kinda there. I kept trying to get him to hold my hand because he was playing some stupid game on the laptop. How could you play a game at a time like this! lol. But he was good. He said I squeezed his hand too hard =) But, I felt like it took forever to get an epidural. I don't know how long it actually took but getting the epidural was heaven! So nice. I could open my eyes and talk! But I don't think they checked me before they gave me the epidural because I was already past a nine but not quite at a ten. I am glad I still got it being so far dilated. I didn't have to wait long after that. Maybe twenty minutes? I am not sure on time. I started to feel pressure so I told the nurse and she got the Dr. She said I was ready to go! She told me to take a practice push and I guess the Dr. was pleased and told me to just keep going. I don't think I pushed more than ten times. It took about half hour total. It really was amazing. Trent was getting so excited! All I could hear was him saying (almost yelling) "Push harder!", "Keep pushing!", "I see her head!", "Oh my gosh!" Hahaha! It was pretty cute and in my head I was smiling at him =) It went so smooth and relaxing. I got to see her head full of hair before she actually came out. I couldn't even believe it was all happening! That such a miracle like that could be happening at that very moment. I think Trent was amazed too. I took that last push and there she came! My little, sweet, baby girl. Trent and I just started crying as they put her in my arms. I could barely see her with my blurry eyes but, oh did I see her still. She was amazing and beautiful. What a miracle to have her come into our family. She was 6lbs, 10oz and 19 in long. So tiny and sweet. I look at her now sleeping, so peaceful. I love her so much and can't even imagine not having her in my life. I am so grateful to have her as my daughter. I hope I can teach her well as she grows and learns. I so want to be a good mother to her and have her love me like I love her. She is such a sweet baby girl. Trent just adores her. From every minute at the hospital til now he just loves to cuddle her and kiss her. He is the best daddy ever to her and I know she loves him =) She likes to be with him when he is here and I know she is sad when he is gone. I thinks she gets tired of me always looking at her and holding her =) But I just can't! I love this little baby Kelsey girl!
Saturday, February 5, 2011
Kelsey is here!
Kelsey is here......and a month old! I just haven't been able to update my blog until now =)
Well I ended up being induced because I was pretty much 40 weeks and my Dr. said it was ok! Oh how I love her! So December 30th was the day! I woke up early, not that I slept a whole lot that night anyway, and got to the hospital at 7am. They gave me pitocin at 7:45 to start the contractions and then my Dr. came in to look at me around 8am and said I was dilated to a five! My Dr. appt before that I was dilated to a 4 I think so I kinda knew the labor would probably go fast. At 8:15 they broke my water and then the waiting began......and contractions. They got pretty strong pretty fast and hard and I asked for an epidural pretty quickly. I didn't want that pain! lol. I wasn't sure what they gave me, but they gave me some other pain reliever while I was waiting for the epidural. All it really made me was tired! The pain was very much there and I was just all zonked out! It wasn't too much fun. I was like half awake but couldn't really talk or open my eyes or anything. Trent was just kinda there. I kept trying to get him to hold my hand because he was playing some stupid game on the laptop. How could you play a game at a time like this! lol. But he was good. He said I squeezed his hand too hard =) But, I felt like it took forever to get an epidural. I don't know how long it actually took but getting the epidural was heaven! So nice. I could open my eyes and talk! But I don't think they checked me before they gave me the epidural because I was already past a nine but not quite at a ten. I am glad I still got it being so far dilated. I didn't have to wait long after that. Maybe twenty minutes? I am not sure on time. I started to feel pressure so I told the nurse and she got the Dr. She said I was ready to go! She told me to take a practice push and I guess the Dr. was pleased and told me to just keep going. I don't think I pushed more than ten times. It took about half hour total. It really was amazing. Trent was getting so excited! All I could hear was him saying (almost yelling) "Push harder!", "Keep pushing!", "I see her head!", "Oh my gosh!" Hahaha! It was pretty cute and in my head I was smiling at him =) It went so smooth and relaxing. I got to see her head full of hair before she actually came out. I couldn't even believe it was all happening! That such a miracle like that could be happening at that very moment. I think Trent was amazed too. I took that last push and there she came! My little, sweet, baby girl. Trent and I just started crying as they put her in my arms. I could barely see her with my blurry eyes but, oh did I see her still. She was amazing and beautiful. What a miracle to have her come into our family. She was 6lbs, 10oz and 19 in long. So tiny and sweet. I look at her now sleeping, so peaceful. I love her so much and can't even imagine not having her in my life. I am so grateful to have her as my daughter. I hope I can teach her well as she grows and learns. I so want to be a good mother to her and have her love me like I love her. She is such a sweet baby girl. Trent just adores her. From every minute at the hospital til now he just loves to cuddle her and kiss her. He is the best daddy ever to her and I know she loves him =) She likes to be with him when he is here and I know she is sad when he is gone. I thinks she gets tired of me always looking at her and holding her =) But I just can't! I love this little baby Kelsey girl!




Well I ended up being induced because I was pretty much 40 weeks and my Dr. said it was ok! Oh how I love her! So December 30th was the day! I woke up early, not that I slept a whole lot that night anyway, and got to the hospital at 7am. They gave me pitocin at 7:45 to start the contractions and then my Dr. came in to look at me around 8am and said I was dilated to a five! My Dr. appt before that I was dilated to a 4 I think so I kinda knew the labor would probably go fast. At 8:15 they broke my water and then the waiting began......and contractions. They got pretty strong pretty fast and hard and I asked for an epidural pretty quickly. I didn't want that pain! lol. I wasn't sure what they gave me, but they gave me some other pain reliever while I was waiting for the epidural. All it really made me was tired! The pain was very much there and I was just all zonked out! It wasn't too much fun. I was like half awake but couldn't really talk or open my eyes or anything. Trent was just kinda there. I kept trying to get him to hold my hand because he was playing some stupid game on the laptop. How could you play a game at a time like this! lol. But he was good. He said I squeezed his hand too hard =) But, I felt like it took forever to get an epidural. I don't know how long it actually took but getting the epidural was heaven! So nice. I could open my eyes and talk! But I don't think they checked me before they gave me the epidural because I was already past a nine but not quite at a ten. I am glad I still got it being so far dilated. I didn't have to wait long after that. Maybe twenty minutes? I am not sure on time. I started to feel pressure so I told the nurse and she got the Dr. She said I was ready to go! She told me to take a practice push and I guess the Dr. was pleased and told me to just keep going. I don't think I pushed more than ten times. It took about half hour total. It really was amazing. Trent was getting so excited! All I could hear was him saying (almost yelling) "Push harder!", "Keep pushing!", "I see her head!", "Oh my gosh!" Hahaha! It was pretty cute and in my head I was smiling at him =) It went so smooth and relaxing. I got to see her head full of hair before she actually came out. I couldn't even believe it was all happening! That such a miracle like that could be happening at that very moment. I think Trent was amazed too. I took that last push and there she came! My little, sweet, baby girl. Trent and I just started crying as they put her in my arms. I could barely see her with my blurry eyes but, oh did I see her still. She was amazing and beautiful. What a miracle to have her come into our family. She was 6lbs, 10oz and 19 in long. So tiny and sweet. I look at her now sleeping, so peaceful. I love her so much and can't even imagine not having her in my life. I am so grateful to have her as my daughter. I hope I can teach her well as she grows and learns. I so want to be a good mother to her and have her love me like I love her. She is such a sweet baby girl. Trent just adores her. From every minute at the hospital til now he just loves to cuddle her and kiss her. He is the best daddy ever to her and I know she loves him =) She likes to be with him when he is here and I know she is sad when he is gone. I thinks she gets tired of me always looking at her and holding her =) But I just can't! I love this little baby Kelsey girl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment