Monday, June 3, 2013

Memorial Day camping

Memorial day weekend (Friday night) we went camping with the Caudles at Oxbow Park. Trent's parents and his brother and wife. And some of the cousins came too.  Kelsey looooved it! She is such an outdoorsy girl. I love it. And she loves it. She just wanted to walk around the whole time which was a little exhausting at times. haha. I need to stop being a lazy Mom I guess and just go have fun with her. I am learning more each and every day about being a Mom and having a child. I still have many things to learn =) Anyway. We had a lot of fun being outside and playing games and playing by the water. I thought for sure Kelsey would just try to jump in but she didn't! She actually listened to her Mommy! Trent and I showed her how to throw rocks in the water and paint on the rocks with water. She had a ball just  doing that =) Such a cutie. Love just watching her. We did this a few different times. We also saw a deer that kept coming back to our campsite. Kelsey loved it and said deer for the first time after I said it to her. Her speech seems to be getting better. Baby steps. She also enjoyed splashing in puddles and eat marshmallows and chocolates by the fire. The Caudles do this every Memorial day which is a fun tradition. I really enjoy it and hope it can also be one of our traditions as well. We are now trying to try and plan another campout sometime this summer since Kelsey enjoyed it so much and so did we  =) We also went back down to the campsite Sunday night for dinner with the family. It was a really nice dinner and I enjoyed spending time with them all. What a fun tradition!
















1 comment: