Monday, June 3, 2013

AZ trip

Over Mother's Day we were able to drive to AZ for my niece's baby blessing. James and Mal had their first baby. A beautiful baby girl named Syrell =) She is so gorgeous and I am soo happy that we were able to make the trip there to give her some good kisses and hugs. And of course it is always great to see James and Mal. AZ is too far =/ I miss having my brother around and always look forward to when I get to hang out with him and his now family =) I love them all! I am looking forward to the middle of June when they will be traveling here for a week! So excited! Anyway, the trip there went alright. We decided to drive through the night in hopes that Kelsey would just sleep the whole time. Wrong! She slept for about 45 min at a time maybe and would wake up crying. poor girl. And then was awake for the day at 5:30 and only took a half hour nap in the car. So we now know that she doesn't do well in the car for the whole night. Lesson learned. We got there Friday afternoon and got cleaned up and went out to eat with everyone. We all slept good that night! 
Throughout the week we were able to attend Syrell's baby blessing which was beautiful, go the a Diamond backs baseball game, swim, eat out, walk around some cool places, see the new Temple that is being built, get the best gelato ever, meet up with one of Trent's old mission companions, play games,and stay indoors! It was 100 degrees the whole week pretty much. Talk about hot. It was just so bright and hard to even look around outside. You for sure need sunglasses there. haha. All in all it was a great trip! Kelsey did fantastic all around and I was amazed at how well she did in the car. What a trooper. Didn't complain once about getting back in her car seat after stops. On the way home we split it up into two days so we stayed the night at a hotel. Good idea for the Kelsey girl for sure. 
I loved being able to spend time with James and Mal and sweet baby Syrell. I loved being able to cuddle her and see her in real life. What a sweet baby! I am grateful for my family-no matter how far away some of them are! Makes me sad sometimes that I can't just go hang out with them whenever I want but makes me way more excited to see them when I get the chance. Love you guys! 


























 

No comments:

Post a Comment