It is still hard to say that Kelsey is a year old! Weird! But it is oh so fun! It seems like she is learning new things everyday and she is really starting to show who she is. So this post is dedicated to her! But most of them are already ;)
Kesley is full of personality. She is always making funny noises and faces. Like a screeching noise and this throaty noise. I don't know how she discovers some of the sounds she makes but it is cute. She likes to pretend laugh which makes me laugh for real. She loves to be chased. And she loves chasing Mom or Dad. She laughs hysterically! She thinks it is really funny when I make faces at her when she is eating. She is usually pretty happy! Except when I am in the kitchen trying to get food ready and she is too hungry to take it! I just bought some leap frog fridge magnets which she really enjoys. So far it has helped. It makes me happy! She loves her food! She would eat all day long I think if I let her. Of course her favorite is pretty much any kind of pasta. She doesn't like mashed potatoes though which I think is kind of odd. But she likes pretty much anything else though. Lol.
Her favorite toys are her little blocks, rings, little cars, balls, and her dollies. Her favorite colors are blue and green. It is true. She has favorite colors. She prefers her blue and green balls over the others, her blue and green blocks over the others, and her blue and green rings over the others as well. I think she just knows what she wants! She likes to kiss her babies, feed them with spoons, and with a bottle. She even gives them hugs and rocks back and forth. It is is really, really cute! She loves to dance and wiggle and move. I always find her moving back and forth to any kind of sound it seems. Some days more than others. I have to get this girl in some dance classes when she is old enough! It is just a must! She likes anything that makes noise. Doesn't matter what is is. My favorite thing that she does right now is how she goes into her room and reads her books. She will stand up and pull them out of her little shelf and flip through the pages or just make a mess. She sits in there so quiet and just looks. Sometimes she gets mad if she can't turn a page or the book is over with. When she gets to the end of a book she whines. I turn it back to the beginning and she is fine. Silly girl. She makes me laugh.
She loves fabric and blankets! Just loves blankets! Especially hers. She goes crazy over it. She chews on it and needs to be washed a lot. It is so fragile though I am afraid it is going to get ruined and then I will be in trouble! It is crocheted and I have to wash it in the tub and then air dry without it being hung. Makes it hard because it takes so long to dry and it is hard for her to sleep sometimes if she doesn't have it. She likes to put it in on her face. I have found that she likes any kind of blanket that is crocheted. She likes the feel of it. I recently made her a little fort. I just put two blankets over a card table and put it by the sliding door so she can look out the window and crawl under the blankets. She loves it. She has her dolls in there and her favorite toys. She loves it when I come sit in there with her and play with her baby dolls.
Kelsey has discovered the wipe box! More than once I have forgotten to put it up and she has pulled out multiple wipes! Actually she just did it again.....This time she opened the entire thing somehow. Not just the top. They don't fold back together so well anymore. haha. I made her a something similar though that she plays with sometimes. Just a bunch of scrap fabric that I tied together and put in the wipe box. Then she can pull out fabric and I don't care! She really likes the keyboard. Too much. So we got down an old one we don't use so she can pound on that one instead. She likes the piano too and gets mad whenever she has to stop playing on it. Kelsey really likes sesame street. I try to limit the amount of tv she watches. Sometimes she will watch dinosaur train right before but mostly just sesame street. Then I can make her breakfast and get my hair done and all is good! The rest of the day I like to play music on the laptop. Sesame street pandora is a fun one. Just in case anyone was interested =)
Of course Kelsey loves bath time too. I recently started putting more bubbles in the tub. At first she was afraid of them! haha! But she has warmed up to them now and she even tried to eat them. Gross. She is a hands on kinda girl but I don't know what kind of little kids doesn't like that. She loves getting her pictures taken and she always smiles for it. She still has 6 teeth. 4 on top. 2 on bottom. It hasn't changed for a bit. She did like 7 or 8 steps the other day! Some days she is interested. Some days not so much. She still chases me around whenever she can. It will be so much nicer when she can walk and follow me. She always wants to be picked up and held. But she is really good when she needs to be. She really likes other little kids. She loves to watch and play with them. I am glad that she likes to do that. It will be good for the future. It is good for now too though! She also really likes dogs!! Whether she sees them in real life or tv. If she hears it bark she just starts to laugh and gets super excited!! One day we will get a dog. I wish we could now but we wouldn't be able to afford it. But one day, she will be loving that dog!
She
can sign please really good. She used to sign more but now she just
does please. haha! Oh well. And if you haven't seen my video of her
saying touchdown, you should watch it! Her first
words! We are so proud!! haha! It kinda shocked me. And the fact that I
got it on video makes it even more awesome. She has said it like 3 times
but now whenever we say "Touchdown!" she just looks at us and smiles
like it is some kind of joke. She has also been working on eating with a
spoon by herself. The food has to be sticky though. So far we have done
oatmeal and yogurt pretty good. She can dip her spoon in the yogurt and
then put it in her mouth. She does so good! With the oatmeal I just put
it on her spoon and put it in her hand and she puts in her mouth. She
is so big! =) Love that girl!
Alright.
I am sure I could go on and on and on! (Like I haven't already right?)
But I will leave it as this. I guess this is more for me than anyone
else. I don't blame anyone if they didn't finish this post. It looks
long! I do love my little girl more than anything though. She is my life
and she makes me completely happy! She is so fun and happy and I just
love her!
I love this post about Kelsey. You will be happy you wrote so many awesome details about her because sadly you forget. I think she is going to be like her momma-a dancing queen!
ReplyDelete