Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy Birthday Kelsey!

You read it right! Kelsey turned 1 year old!! Is she seriously considered a toddler now? Can't be! She is still my little babe! A cute little babe too! The best thing about her being one you ask? No more nursing! I am a free woman! =D Took her to the Dr yesterday for her 1 year check up. Here are her stats:

Length- 28.5 in.
25th percentile

Weight- 18.5 lbs
10th percentile

Head- 17 in
5th percentile

Since her last apt she hasn't gained any weight. But I am not sure if it is completely accurate. They weighed her with Trent and then just Trent alone and figured out the weight that way. Why they did that I am not sure. At her WIC apt a couple weeks ago they said she was 17 lbs with no clothes. So right now I am kinda confused. lol. I do not believe WIC because before she was 18.5 lbs. So ya.....She was kinda not feeling well the week of her apt so maybe she just lost a little weight. Who knows. Either way she is still my little munchkin. She is pretty petite. When I was a year old I weight 17 lbs so she will probably just be a little shorty like her mama.

Anyway back to Kelsey's birthday! =D What a fun and exciting day! I was way more excited than anyone I think. I made pancakes for her breakfast and we got pizza for lunch. She seemed to like it pretty well. Who doesn't? And her dinner was awesome too. Spinach noodles with pesto sauce and chicken. Lucky girl! Her party was so fun. My sister-in-law Mallorie and my brother James made Kelsey's cake. Ever since Kelsey was little she has had a Raggedy Anne doll that my Grandma gave her. She liked it so much that I bought a bigger Raggedy Anne and Raggedy Andy for her. So I knew her cake had to be Raggedy Anne! Just hadda! Mallorie is so talented and they did a great job. It is the best cake I have ever seen! And it was soo yummy! I loved every thing about it =) I made a little "I Love You" cake for Kelsey because Raggedy Anne has a candy heart that says that. If you ever see a doll and lift up her dress (I know it sounds weird!) you will see the little heart that says "I Love You". Pretty cute. We had a lot of my family come over and she opened her presents which she enjoyed. She likes tissue paper best. She got a bunny from my grandma from build a bear, a mickey mouse doll from my the James family, clothes from my mom and baby crocs, and more cute clothes from the rest of the fam. Trent and I got her a book of first words and a Disney princess baby doll. It is Belle and she loves it. She got two other dollys for Christmas too that she likes to push around in the buggy that we also gave her for her birthday. It was mine when I was little and she likes it way better than the walker we got her for Christmas. Then we had cake! Kelsey loved it! =) That's my girl! At first she looked at us like "is this ok?" She played with the frosting for a minute and kept trying to give it to me. Then we cut into the cake a little bit and she dug right in! Cutie!!!! It was a lot of fun and I am so grateful for everyone that came and enjoyed it with us!
This last Sunday we celebrated again with the Caudles. She didn't eat cake this time but she did enjoy opening her presents. She got some really cute clothes! =) I am glad that she has so many family members that love her. She is one lucky, loved girl! =) So that was her birthday. I will do another post of her favorite things and things that she has done lately in another post. I don't want to make this too long where people won't want to read it! But it is already past that.......













1 comment: