Sunday, September 23, 2012

Back to school

School has started back up. I got offered to come back to the same school I was at last year to work with a different boy who was entering Kindergarten. He is autistic and quite the busy, busy, busy boy! At first I was only working 2 hours a day which I was just fine with. The more time I have with Kelsey the better. But E was a little bit more than anyone could handle without an aid so they asked if I would stay 4 hours. 4 is a bit much for me. I see Kelsey to wake her up and feed her, drop her off, then pick her up and take her straight home for nap. So really I don't get any time with her until 3 in the afternoon. I might as well be working all day. But work is stressful this year. I think it is because I spend all day chasing E around. He is constantly on the move and running down the halls. I honestly don't think a regular classroom is right for him. I am only approved to work with him until the end of September which, is just next week. There is a possibility that I will stay on just because I don't think the teacher would be able to take care of him and the class. I am not sure when I will find out. To be honest I am not sure if I want to stay. 4 hours is just too long. If it were still just 2 I would be fine with it. So I guess we will see what happens. I know that the district has quite a few opening for what I am doing so I might look into it. I am just kinda waiting to see what happens. So that is the school update. Hopefully things will work out for the best. I like working in the schools and I have had fun! This year is just a little busy for me with this boy. lol. I come home pooped not wanting to do much.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a tough kid to work with. I hope another job comes up that is not as stressful. Good luck and I am sure the school loves having you!

    ReplyDelete